|Nov. 30, 2010 11:45 [GMT] From: PlayOnline|
Regarding the Handling of Accounts and Passwords|
This is an important notice regarding usage of your PlayOnline IDs, Square Enix accounts, and passwords. We would like to ask that you please take the following precautions to avoid losing or letting a third party get hold of your account information.
* Do not use passwords consisting of repeating characters, your telephone number, your birthday, or anything else that might be guessed.
* Change your password regularly.
* Do not use the same password that you use for other online services. (Any single service being compromised could lead to others being compromised as well)
* Do not use any programs that might load malware onto your computer.
* Do not open any suspicious emails or files and avoid accessing any suspicious web sites.
Using a security token with your Square Enix account will dramatically increase your defence against unauthorized access and we highly recommend their use for any customers not already using them.
To learn more about security tokens, please visit the following page:
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us protect your personal information and data.