PlayOnline Viewer & FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows® System Requirements
Application performance is highly dependent on the type of hardware and Internet connection speeds.
Requirements for FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows® are as follows:
Recommended System Requirements
To coincide with the end of service for the PlayStation® 2 and Xbox 360 versions of FINAL FANTASY XI, we would like to share the recommended system requirements for those who are switching over to the Windows® version as of January 2020.
As of January 2020
Recommended System Requirements
*Certain Windows 10 updates may cause the game client to work improperly.
||Windows® 8.1 / 10*
||Intel® Core™ i3 2.4GHz (or higher)
||2GB or more
||NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 740 (or higher)
* Driver must be compatible with DirectX® 8.1.
||DirectX®8.1 compatible sound card
Required Disk Space
|15GB or more
||Continuous internet connection required.
||Keyboard, mouse, Gamepad, DirectX®8.1
Must have DirectX® End-User Runtime installed
*Although a gamepad is not required, a gamepad combined with keyboard and mouse controls is recommended for optimal control.
We have verified that FINAL FANTASY XI runs on PCs with the above specs under the situations listed below. We have also confirmed that there are no stability issues.
- Compatibility issues may still arise due to other applications, driver software, custom Windows settings, or hardware configuration.
- Inquiries regarding the parts listed should be made to their respective manufacturer.
- Administrator privileges are required to install the PlayOnline Viewer and FINAL FANTASY XI.
The following game configuration settings were used during testing:
• Screen Resolution set to 1280x720
• Drawing Precision set to 1024x1024
• Shadows set to “Normal”
• All settings at “High”
Stress Tests Performed
The following was performed in order to test load times and overall stability:
• Tested in-game content “Domain Invasion” and “Campaign,” as well as macro entry and selecting items from various lists. No significant latency issues arose.
(Domain Invasion was tested with an additional ten players, each with 5 Trust NPCs)
We have determined that the game meets the standard of being “playable” based on the following:
• Experienced no gameplay issues related to graphics or connectivity.
Compatible Peripherals for North America
Logitech® Cordless Rumblepad™ 2
Logitech® Rumblepad™ 2 Vibration Feedback Gamepad
Logitech® Dual Action™Gamepad
Using a Router
Be advised that following information is subject to change depending on PC configuration and the version of driver software used. Please use this list only for reference.
+ Port numbers that may be used by the PlayOnline server group:
-TCP 25, 80, 110, 443 or 50000 - 65535
-UDP 50000 - 65535
* You may need to set up a web browser for your PC. For more information, please refer to the appropriate vendor's instruction manual.
* Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.
* If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you may need to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well.
For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.
Windows and DirectX are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Intel and Pentium are registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. NVIDIA is a registered trademark of NVIDIA Corporation. GeForce and Detonator are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation. ATI, RADEON and CATALYST are used under license and are either registered trademarks or trademarks of ATI Technologies Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.