|Jun. 26, 2007 04:00 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI|
Accounts Banned (Jun. 26)|
We would like to report the termination today of multiple accounts held by players involved in the usage of third-party tools or cheats, or engaged in RMT (Real Money Trading) activities.
Based on the results of our investigation, around 5750 PlayOnline accounts were terminated while around 1250 accounts were temporarily suspended.
Additionally, we have increased the number of mass bannings against certain PlayOnline violations in order to prevent illegal acts.
Details of the violations are as follows:
- Usage of tools that allow enhanced character movement.
May 31, Approx. 280 cases
June 7, Approx. 200 cases
June 14, Approx. 170 cases
June 21, Approx. 100 cases
- Usage of tools that circumvent game mechanics with respect to the timing of ability use, etc. in certain areas or at points where Notorious Monsters appear.
May 24, Approx. 10 cases
May 31, Approx. 10 cases
June 8, Approx. 10 cases
June 15, Approx. 10 cases
June 26, Approx. 110 cases
- Using cheats to automatically repeat a particular action.
June 8, Approx. 600 cases
June 14, Approx. 300 cases
June 21, Approx. 300 cases
- Accounts from people that were previously confirmed to have RMT connections, or that had violated the user agreements but re-subscribed to PlayOnline.
May 25, Approx. 150 cases
- Gil and item exchange for real world money cases:
June 26, Approx. 1000 cases
- Instances of areas or monster monopolization
May 24, Approx. 700 cases
June 6, Approx. 1800 cases
June 15, Approx. 1100 cases
June 21, Approx. 150 cases
The termination of these accounts has led to the removal of approximately 6.4 billion gil from circulation.
We would like to remind players that as well as adversely affecting game balance, the use of third-party tools or cheats can also have consequences that are not immediately obvious, such as introducing damaging viruses, and comprising the security of private account details. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within FINAL FANTASY XI, and we will continue to severely penalize any players found to be in violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement.
As we continue to ensure a fun and balanced environment for FINAL FANTASY XI, we hope that our players enjoy the game as it was intended and take care to avoid involvement in activities that violate the PlayOnline Member Agreement.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.