|Feb. 20, 2008 03:00 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI|
Accounts Banned (Feb. 20)|
We would like to report the termination today of multiple accounts held by players involved in the usage of third-party tools or cheats, or engaged in RMT (Real Money Trading) activities.
Based on the results of our investigation, around 5,600 PlayOnline accounts were terminated while around 1,270 accounts were temporarily suspended.
Additionally, we have increased the number of mass bannings against certain PlayOnline violations in order to prevent illegal acts.
Details of the violations are as follows:
- Usage of tools that allow enhanced character movement.
February 8, Approx. 150 cases
February 15, Approx. 220 cases
- Usage of tools that circumvent game mechanics with respect to the timing of ability use, etc. in certain areas or at points where Notorious Monsters appear.
February 20, Approx. 30 cases
- Using cheats to automatically repeat a particular action.
January 30, Approx. 840 cases
February 6, Approx. 590 cases
February 13, Approx. 420 cases
- Gil and item exchange for real world money.
February 20, Approx. 1,210 cases
- Instances of areas or monster monopolization.
January 25, Approx. 150 cases
February 7, Approx. 100 cases
- Usage of synthesis and auction houses for RMT activities.
January 28, Approx. 680 cases
February 5, Approx. 780 cases
February 12, Approx. 510 cases
February 19, Approx. 630 cases
- Accounts from people that were previously confirmed to have RMT connections, or that had violated the user agreements but re-subscribed to PlayOnline.
February 6, Approx. 130 cases
February 14, Approx. 130 cases
The termination of these accounts has led to the removal of approximately 2.1 billion gil from circulation.
We would like to remind players that as well as adversely affecting game balance, the use of third-party tools or cheats can also have consequences that are not immediately obvious, such as introducing damaging viruses, and comprising the security of private account details. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within FINAL FANTASY XI, and we will continue to severely penalize any players found to be in violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement.
As we continue to ensure a fun and balanced environment for FINAL FANTASY XI, we hope that our players enjoy the game as it was intended and take care to avoid involvement in activities that violate the PlayOnline Member Agreement.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.