|Sep. 19, 2017 08:50 [PDT] From: PlayOnline|
Important Notice to All Software Token Users (Sep. 19)|
This is a notice to all customers who use a Square Enix Software Token (Software Token).
If you are using a Software Token on your smartphone and decide to switch to a new phone or update your device's operating system, or you have deleted your Software Token application, you will need to use your Software Token’s Emergency Removal Password to remove your Software Token from the old device, after which you must re-register the token to your new device. If you are planning on switching phones or deleting the application, please be sure you have your Emergency Removal Password at hand first.
* In the case you cannot perform an emergency removal of the Software Token, you will no longer be able to log in to or use the various services related to your applicable Square Enix account.
How to Confirm your Software Token Emergency Removal Password
* The Emergency Removal Password is a one-time password that changes after each use. After you have used it, you must log into the Square Enix Account Management System again to obtain your new one-time Emergency Removal Password.
Before you switch phones or delete the application, please be sure to follow the steps to confirm and store your Emergency Removal Password in a safe place. After you have switched phones or deleted your application, this password will be necessary to perform the Emergency Removal of the Software Token registered to your old device.
How to Perform an Emergency Removal of your Software Token
How to Re-register your Software Token
* Please be aware that the Software Token registration cannot be completed until you enter your Square Enix ID, date of birth, and registration password into the application.
* The registration password will expire after 60 minutes. If your password expires, you must restart the re-registration process from step 1.
* The “Registration Password” refers to the password that is sent to the email address registered to your Square Enix account in step 7. Please use caution as it is not the same as your Square Enix account password.
If you have lost your Emergency Removal Password or are unable to perform the emergency removal of the Software Token yourself, the Support Center will be able to remove it for you once account ownership is verified.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the steps described in this announcement, please contact the Square Enix Support Center.
Square Enix Support Center