|Oct. 31, 2019 23:30 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI|
Regarding the End of Windows(R) 7 Support|
Square Enix support for the Windows(R) 7 of FINAL FANTASY XI will end on January 14, 2020.
Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows(R) 7 after January 14, 2020, so we have found that continuing support for this operating system is a difficult proposition.
You will likely be able to play FINAL FANTASY XI on Windows(R) 7 systems even after the end of support. However, after we discontinue support, we will as a general rule no longer be able to provide support for problems arising as a result of the operating system.
Square Enix may respond to requests for technical support regarding Windows(R) 7 issues after the end of support, but such informal support will be limited, on a case-by-case basis, and is not guaranteed.
<Recommended System Requirements>
We have verified that FINAL FANTASY XI runs on PCs with the following specs and situations listed below, and set it as the recommended system requirements. We have also confirmed that there are no stability issues with Windows(R) 8.1 and Windows(R) 10.
- Operating System
Windows 8.1 / 10*
Intel Core i3 2.4GHz (or higher)
2GB or more
- Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 (or higher)
* Driver must be compatible with DirectX 8.1.
- Graphics Card
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) series with 32 MB or ATI(R) RADEON(TM) 9000 series
- Hard Drive Space
15 GB free hard disk space
Keyboard, mouse, gamepad
Must have DirectX End-User Runtime installed
* Compatibility issues may still arise due to other applications, driver software, custom Windows settings, or hardware configuration.
* Certain Windows 10 updates may cause the game client to work improperly, but we will work to address any critical error if it happens.
* Inquiries regarding the parts listed should be made to their respective manufacturer.
* Administrator privileges are required to install the PlayOnline Viewer and FINAL FANTASY XI.
The following game configuration settings were used during testing:
- Screen Resolution set to 1280x720
- Drawing Precision set to 1024x1024
- Shadows set to “Normal”
- All settings at “High”
Stress Tests Performed
The following was performed in order to test load times and overall stability:
- Tested in-game content “Domain Invasion” and “Campaign,” as well as macro entry and selecting items from various lists. No significant latency issues arose.
(Domain Invasion was tested with an additional ten players, each with 5 Trust NPCs)
We have determined that the game meets the standard of being “playable” based on the following:
- Experienced no gameplay issues related to graphics or connectivity.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.