At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI server maintenance on all worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.
*The client software will also be updated at this time. Once this maintenance is completed, the client update will start automatically after logging back into FINAL FANTASY XI. Please follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Thank you for your patience.
[Affected Period] Feb. 23, 2005 from 9:00 to 12:00 (PST) *Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.
[Affected Services] FINAL FANTASY XI
[Important Update Details]
- New Chains of Promathia missions will be added.
- The new region "Lumoria" and the new area "Al'Taieu" will become accessible.
- Many new quests centered in the Chains of Promathia areas will be added.
- Major improvements will be made to the fishing system.
- Bargain-priced multi-tickets for barges and manaclippers will become available.
- New routes and times will be introduced for Carpenters' Landing barges.
- Mannequins will become available for purchase.
- An NPC that will store artifact armor as a key item will be introduced.
- The limit for adjusting existing abilities using Merit Points will be raised.
- Additional categories will become available for the use of Merit Points.
- Shields will reduce the amount of damage taken instead of negating all damage.
- The white magic spell Banish will inflict more damage on undead monsters.
- The white magic spell Banish III will become available.
- A new job trait for white mages will be added.
- A new job trait for samurais will be added.
- Logging will become possible in the Misareaux Coast.
- Logging results in the Lufaise Meadows will be adjusted.
- There will be additions and changes to some of the items required to fulfill guild contracts.
- A new key item called "Alchemic Ensorcellment" will become available for purchase with alchemy guild points.
- The number of guild points required to purchase the key item Anima Synthesis will be reduced.
- The number of categories available for search comments will be expanded.
- NPC chat filter settings will be refined.
- Various other fixes.
*More details of this version update will be made available on Feb 23, 2005.