Nearly 18 years have passed since adventurers began flocking to Vana'diel, but it feels like not a day goes by without some form of Moogle-related antics intruding into daily life.
This day is no different, as a troubled Moogle approaches you...
"Rumor has it that a supposedly famous Tarutaru known as Matsui-P would like to partake in the Trust initiative! But we have quite the predicament, kupo... Mog doesn't know a Tarutaru by that name, kupo! Do you happen to know anything about him, kupo?
I'll tell you what, kupo! Why don't you tell me everything you know about this Tarutaru and I'll teach you how to use his alter ego, kupo!"
* The alter ego's attributes can be suggested freely and do not have to pertain to Producer Matsui.
Monday, 18 May 2020 at 8:00 (GMT) / 9:00 (BST) to Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 2:59 (GMT) / 3:59 (BST)
- You have a playable character in FINAL FANTASY XI (excluding Free Trial players).
- You have completed transferring your PlayOnline account to a Square Enix Account.
- You agree to the entry rules below.
What kind of features would you like to see from an alter ego?
How to Submit an Entry
Please fill out the entry form with the following required information.
- Alter ego's main job
Selection from 22 available jobs
- Alter ego's support job
Selection from 22 available jobs and "none"
* You may not select the same support job as the one selected for the main job.
- Please enter the exact name of the equipment found in-game you would like to have the alter ego wear.
* This alter ego cannot equip Relic / Mythic / Empyrean / Ergon / Aeonic weapons
* This alter ego cannot swap equipment during battle.
* The alter ego's equipment is for visual purposes only and will not feature the same stats.
* The alter ego is a male Tarutaru. You may not suggest the alter ego's appearance.
* The alter ego's attributes can be suggested freely and does not have to pertain to Producer Matsui.
- Please suggest a two phrase title that defines the alter ego's specialties.
Example: Berserker Paladin
- Please suggest the alter ego's behavior.
In 250 characters describe this alter ego's behavior.
Example: A paladin that is always in Berserk mode. Uses Sentinel and Rampart after every Provoke. Specializes in casting Holy, and will cast it when Divine Emblem is off cooldown. Only uses Spirits Within weapon skill.
* The development team will make adjustments based on the provided information.
* The alter ego may not surpass the capabilities of a player character.
* This can be simple details about the alter ego, such as whether it auto-attacks, cast spells, uses weapon skills, uses abilities, or their preferred range from an enemy.
* One (1) entry per Square Enix account. If multiple entries are submitted, only the last entry submitted will be accepted.
The FINAL FANTASY XI development and operation teams will first select and announce a handful of jobs, support jobs, appearances, titles, and behaviors submitted by the players. Players will cast their vote based on these selections and the options with the most votes will be implemented in-game.
* Those who did not submit an entry may still participate in the voting portion of the campaign.
* Voting period and method to be announced later on the FINAL FANTASY XI website.
Alter Ego Availability
From the December 2020 version update to the May 2021 version update.
* The alter ego availability period may be subject to change.
- Entries containing obscenity, vulgarity, discrimination, or any other offensive subject matter.
- Entries that infringe the intellectual property rights (including copyrights), privacy rights, or other rights of any third party.
- Entries that are counter to public order and/or morals.
- Submissions with content judged to be grossly deviant from the established theme.
- Entries missing any of the required fields.
- Square Enix reserves the right to judge whether or not material is appropriate.
Proceed to the entry form.