The next version update will feature adjustments to several jobs. Below is a description of the changes that will be made to the samurai job. In addition, the FINAL FANTASY XI development team plans to continue making adjustments in accordance with the announcements made at the Tokyo Game Show's Vanafesta 2006.
Adjustments to the Samurai Job
The samurai's job abilities and traits are often needed for specific situations, but tend not to stand out in experience-gaining parties. The next version update will address this issue as well as make the samurai a more viable support job for main jobs that utilize two-handed weapons.
[New Job Abilities]
Both an offensive and defensive job ability will be added. The casting intervals were made shorter than the durations so that players can use the abilities whenever they are needed. In addition, the abilities are learned at a level low enough to allow their use even when samurai is set as a support job.
· Hasso (Level 25; Recast: 1 minute; Duration: 5 minutes)
Grants a bonus to attack speed, accuracy, and Strength when using two-handed weapons.
· Seigan (Level 35; Recast: 1 minute; Duration: 5 minutes)
Grants a bonus to Third Eye when using two-handed weapons.
Seigan and Third Eye
While Seigan is in effect, the recast time for the Third Eye job ability will be decreased by half. In accordance, the duration for "Third Eye" will be adjusted.
Also, with the next version update, the player may counterattack or keep the effect of Third Eye when the player evades an attack using the Third Eye job ability. The chance that the player will keep the Third Eye effect even after evading will gradually decrease from the time the ability is used.
Points to Note:
- The effects of Hasso and Seigan do not overlap. If both abilities are used, only the most recently activated ability will take effect.
- Hasso and Seigan will only take effect when the player is equipped with a two-handed weapon.
- A penalty will be imposed on magic, song, and ninjutsu recast time while Hasso or Seigan is in effect.
[Changes to Existing Abilities]
The job trait Overwhelm will be adjusted to be more effective against high-level enemies, and the job trait Zanshin will be adjusted to increase the effectiveness of the job trait Ikishoten.
- The duration of the job ability Third Eye will be changed to 30 seconds.
- The job trait Zanshin will be acquired at level 20.
- Players will be able to use a merit point to increase weapon skill damage by 5% when the job trait Overwhelm is in effect.
As previously stated, the next version update will include several adjustments to other jobs as well.
Keep checking the main page for more information!