Switching from the PlayStation® 2 or Xbox 360 version to the Windows® version
As of Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 7:00 a.m. (PDT), service for the PlayStation® 2 and Xbox 360 versions of FINAL FANTASY XI will end. Those who are using these versions and wish to continue playing after April 1, 2016, will be required to switch to the Windows® version.
* There is no need to buy new software for the Windows® version.
Please read over the information below for making the switch.
You will need the ability to connect to the internet and a computer that can run the Windows® version of FINAL FANTASY XI.
If you own a computer, run the official benchmark and see how well the Windows® version of FINAL FANTASY XI runs.
for details on the official benchmark and to download the software.
Please check the minimum and recommended system requirements by reading here
PlayOnline IDs need to be transferred to a Square Enix account.
These steps are for those who logged in with a PlayOnline ID to play FINAL FANTASY XI. Click here to read about the procedure for transferring your ID.
*If you already log in with a Square Enix account, there is no need to transfer your ID.
You will not be able to alter the contents of your subscription until the process for transferring your PlayOnline ID to a Square Enix Account has been completed. The following will not be possible until the process has been completed:
· You will not be able to alter the contents of your subscription until the process for transferring your PlayOnline ID to a Square Enix Account has been completed. The following will not be possible until the process has been completed:
· Adding/removing characters used in FINAL FANTASY XI
· Purchase of a registration code for expansion contents
* The content of expansion packs and add-on scenarios that have not been purchased will not be playable.
How to Confirm Transfer of Your PlayOnline ID to a Square Enix Account is Complete
If you are able to login with only your PlayOnline ID and password, it will indicate that the account transfer process is incomplete.
As shown below, the PlayOnline Viewer also differs before and after account transfer completion.
When the transfer process is incomplete.
When the account transfer has been completed.
For multiple PlayOnline ID holders, the account transfer confirmations can be verified from the member‘s list screen.
Regarding the installation of the Windows® version of FINAL FANTASY XI
The PlayOnline Viewer and FINAL FANTASY XI must be installed.
The software required for installation and the procedures for how to install can be found here
Playing FINAL FANTASY XI after PlayOnline Viewer start-up & settings completion
For more details on PlayOnline viewer settings, please download the PDF playing manual here
All data stored on the client, including screenshots, macros, gear sets, and map markers, will become unavailable once service is terminated. Therefore, please complete the transfer beforehand.
* For information on how to save your macros, gear sets, map markers, and other personal settings onto the server, please see here.
* You can confirm the screenshot you took directly from the PlayOnline Viewer by clicking the "Navigator” option followed by "File Manager.” Open the screenshot you would like to send, and attach it to an email by selecting "Attach to Mail” followed by "Create Mail.”